COVID-19 Cleaning Sacramento
When you choose SERVPRO, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard.
Being open for business is just the beginning of our new journey forward. Employees may be hesitant to return to work and customers may wonder whether the businesses they patronize are safe. The COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean. Are you ready to communicate to your customers and employees that you’ve chosen a higher standard of clean for all Americans? Are you ready to be Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned?
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program that SERVPRO offers to commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 global pandemic. This is a level of clean that goes far beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. This is proactive viral pathogen cleaning. When you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard. As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration, we stand on over 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden-Arcade professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Tennessee, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will help ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy begins to reopen. When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. Expertise born out of cleaning up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects the unique experiences and capabilities of America’s #1 clean-up and restoration brand.
Sacramento Water Damage Restorers
This equipment is set up in an optimal position to increase drying.
Our team at SERVPRO of East Sacramento / West Arden Arcade understands how pivotal the proper equipment is to lessening the cost of a water damage. While speed is important to reducing the resulting damage, technology and equipment are essential to dry the structure. SERVPRO of East Sacramento / West Arden Arcade technicians are prepared to answer your call quickly and use their state-of-the-art-equipment to help dry a structure and personal property efficiently.
Using psychrometry, the study of the air and it’s properties, SERVPRO has developed professional equipment that measures and utilizes the properties of temperature, humidity, vapor pressure, and dew point to evaluate the air conditions in the structure. SERVPRO of East Sacramento / West Arden Arcade professionals are taught to use these numbers to create a proper atmosphere for effective drying. Restoration professionals are taught to manipulate temperature and humidity levels to produce prime drying conditions without causing secondary damage through improper drying processes.
When SERVPRO of East Sacramento / West Arden Arcade professionals are first at your property, they will perform a scope, which involves locating the areas of the structure affected by water damage and defining the extent to which the structure and contents have absorbed moisture. Our technicians use moisture detection devices that are also used to verify an environment has been dried thoroughly.
- Moisture meters are instruments that is used to detect the moisture content in materials. Our moisture meters test moisture readings that enable our technicians to monitor the drying process.
- Moisture Sensors are instruments designed to detect moisture in carpets, baseboards, and walls.
- Thermo-hygrometers are used to measure temperature and relative humidity. SERVPRO of East Sacramento / West Arden Arcade professionals use this tool to create a psychrometric chart to calculate specific humidity, dew point, and vapor pressure.
When drying a structure, many tools are used to remove water from materials and provide mitigation services. Our SERVPRO of East Sacramento / West Arden Arcade technicians are taught through the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), the standard setting non-profit organization that provides training for restoration technicians, to use psychometrics to dry a structure in the best way.
- Extractors are used to remove water from floors after a water damage. Extractors can be truck mounted or portable, weighted or handheld. The best way to respond quickly to a water damage is through extraction.
- Air Movers are used in water damage restoration to enhance evaporation at the surface level to reduce drying time. When the airflow to the surface increases, the moisture in the air increases. The moisture is then eliminated from the air using dehumidifiers.
- Dehumidifiers are used to lower the relative humidity to increase the rate of evaporation. Dehumidifiers pull in the moist, humid air and discharging dry, warm air. This dry air acts like a sponge, absorbing moisture from wet materials. The two types of dehumidifiers are:
- Refrigerant – work similarly to air conditioners
- Desiccant – use chemicals to absorb moisture through the air
SERVPRO of East Sacramento / West Arden Arcade uses quality equipment to help dry your structure every time. Call us at 916-285-7257 for a no-cost assessment of your property.
SERVPRO in the News! COVID-19 Cleaning
SERVPRO disinfecting services to slow the spread of COVID-19
SERVPRO is known for helping with restoration for things like floods and fires. It has another service to help businesses minimize their risk for COVID-19. It is usually called in response to disasters, now people are calling to prevent them with its disinfecting services.
Following a positive test for COVID-19, the experts will go in with gloves, respirators and tyvek suits and deep clean the entire building.
"We've got the experience, the technique, the products, everything that we can use to combat this problem," David Miller, owner of SERVPRO of South West Lubbock said.
Water damage and fires are still occurring, so we have to respond to that, just taking safety measures as we go out, asking questions, if there's any issues in the home or business, but things are still happening out there," Miller said.
The C.D.C. and SERVPRO encourage you to clean and disinfect counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, phones, tablets, and fixtures.
Water Damage FAQ
When a water damage occurs in your place of business, you may feel confusion and frustration. There seems like there is so much to do, and there are so many questions you might have! Here at SERVPRO of East Sacramento / West Arden-Arcade, we have heard it all. In this blog post, we hope to outline a couple questions you might have as a business owner or homeowner that has experienced water damage.
Q: What happens when my business takes on water damage?
A: When water contacts drywall, it sags and disintegrates. Then you’ll see paint bubbles and peeling as the water wicks up the drywall. After that, water saturates the insulation behind the drywall.
If water dwells in your property for any length of time, wood structures begins to swell. The glue holding your particle board kitchen and bathroom cabinets dissolves, causing them to crumble. The longer the water dwells in your property, the more likely it is that the hardwood floors will buckle and warp. Wood exposed to long-term water damage rots.
Water-soaked carpets “delaminate.” Delamination is the term for carpet that pulls away from its backing. Once this happens, the carpet is permanently ruined.
Water damage can short-out electrical systems. This can cause fire and shock hazards and damage to electronic equipment.
To see some photos of water damage to homes and businesses, click here!
Q: Why is water damage dangerous?
A: There are multiple types of water damage, that differ in intensity based on the amount of contaminants. Floodwater that comes from outside and from sewage backups contains dangerous contaminants like viruses and bacteria.
If water is left standing or saturated in a structure for 24-48 hours, structural damage and mold growth can ensue. Even water leaks that infiltrate your home slowly can cause damage to the building and lead to mold growth. Mold left unchecked will spread quickly through the home.
Q: How much does it take to restore my home or business?
A: It all depends on the size and scope of the loss. Completely drying a structure depends on the type of water damage, how bad it was, how long the water dwelled, and the type of building materials involved. In most cases, our goal to dry out water damage to a home or business is around 2 to 3 days. However, properties exposed to water damage for a long time will take longer to dry!
Q: Do I have to close my place of business during reconstruction and demolition?
A: If the property damage doesn’t require a lot of reconstruction, you can stay in your home or office.
However, the equipment we use during the drying process can be noisy. It also creates a lot of air movement which may be considered as unlivable or unworkable conditions.
If the bathrooms in your office, or the kitchen in your home are a part of the damaged area, check with your insurance company for reimbursement of alternate living expenses or business continuity expenses until the restoration job is complete.
Q: Should I ever turn off the equipment?
A: No! If it is off, it isn’t working! The specialized equipment works through duration of time, and our it is made to run continuously without overheating or causing safety problems. Remember, we position the equipment in a particular way to promote the drying process. Please don’t move it.
Since we know the noise might be problematic, we often suggest you call your insurance agent to see if your policy covers alternate living expenses or business continuity expenses.
Q: Can water damage be prevented?
A: When a water damage is an act of nature—there is not a lot you can do. Flooding happens, disasters happen, but not as often as it seems. While flooding is a frequent cause of water damage, most water damage is due to indoor plumbing failure. To prevent water damage, the key is regular maintenance and inspections of the following:
- Check your appliances (e.g., dishwasher, clothes washer, and water heater) to assure they are all in good working order. Check all water connections and hoses. Remember to do this even if you have the metal braided supply hoses.
- Check under your sinks for signs of corrosion and make sure connections are tight.
- Check the toilets in each bathroom for any signs of leaking.
- Monitor your water bills. A sudden, unexplained increase in water use can be caused by a leak.
- Finally, make sure everyone knows how and where to shut off the water to the property. If you ever are out of business for a significant amount of time—shut off the water. Some of the worst damages we have seen are when residents are out of town.
There’s never a convenient time for flooding or water damage to strike your business. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
Water Damage or Flooding? Call Us Today (916) 285-7257
We have not stopped responding to fire and water damage!
SERVPRO is being called on by numerous business and community leaders to perform the necessary bio-remediation services to clean, disinfect, and sanit
I hope that you, your family, staff, and friends are all safe through this unprecedented pandemic. I know that the coronavirus and COVID-19 has impacted all of us in some form and has affected the ways that we operate our businesses. We are keeping you and all our first responders in our thoughts and prayers as we continue to watch these events unfold. SERVPRO is being called on by numerous business and community leaders to perform the necessary bio-remediation services to clean, disinfect, and sanitize their properties. All of our cleanup procedures are in accordance with the CDC, EPA and local authorities. The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line meet this standard and carry the EPA-registered emerging pathogens claims. To protect our customers and our employees, our technicians are required to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when entering a customer’s home to provide services. This protocol is relevant for services on ALL types of losses: water, fire, smoke, contents, cleanup, etc. PPE may include the following:
- Respiratory protection / Masks
- Full Tyvek suits as needed
As an additional safety precaution, all equipment used is cleaned and decontaminated after EVERY job to help assure the equipment coming into your customer’s home is contaminant-free. We are here and ready to aid you in your time of need, providing these services so your facility can be cleaned and ready for business to resume. We are in this with you. I’m here for you, so feel free to email, or call us for more information. We are open 24 hours a day. Please continue to stay safe and maintain social distance as we all do our part to combat this and lessen the spread of this horrible virus. You are all in our prayers.
Sacramento Mold Removal
The best thing to do to avoid mold growth from roof leaks is to check the attic regularly for leaks and keep an eye on the ceiling below the attic.
It is important to know how mold occurs in a residence to avoid mold growth in your own home. Mold growth occurs indoors when mold spores are in the presence of a moisture.
Water damage is caused by a multitude of reasons including appliance leaks, toilet overflow, flooding, incorrectly installed windows, and broken water heater lines, just to name a few. And since mold spores are always present, if you don't remediate your water damage, mold growth will occur within 72 hours in the presence of moisture.
What Should I Know Before I Call a Professional?
You probably don't need to get mold testing! If you can see mold, you most likely don't need to spend money on testing, and it just needs to be removed. If mold is seen or smelled, there are potential health effects; therefore, no matter what type of mold is present, you should arrange for its removal.
Your homeowners insurance most likely will not cover damage. According to Insurance.com, policies usually don't cover mold resulting from a preventable water leak, flooding, or high humidity. This is because home insurance companies typically don't pay for maintenance issues they think a homeowner should have proactively taken care of.
The expense of mold removal can be costly--in some cases it can be over $1000. Although some mold professionals out there have exaggerated the work that needs to be done to drive up the price. If your quote seems unusually high, we recommend getting several quotes to compare. (However, if you get a quote that’s shockingly low, that’s also a big red flag. Companies that don’t do things properly are the only ones that can charge shockingly low prices.)
Sacramento Emergency Preparedness
Are you ready for whatever happens?
50% of businesses that experience a disaster, such as a fire or a flood, never reopen! An overwhelming majority of businesses that do survive, have a preparedness plan in place.
Are you ready for whatever happens?
Preparation is a key component for making it through any size disaster, whether it’s a small water leak, a large fire, or an area flood. The best time to plan for such events is not when the event happens, but well before it happens.
The SERVPROEmergency READY Profile serves as a quick reference of important building and contact information or can be an ideal supplement to any well-designed emergency preparedness or existing contingency program. Rather than simply reacting to disaster situations, most prefer proactive measures to establish a relationship with a restoration services company.
The Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) is available on paper and on our app. When you have the app, SERVPRO Ready Plan, downloaded, you can access your ready plan data on your phone easily during an emergency.
By working with SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden-Arcade to develop your personalized Emergency READY Profile your business will receive the benefit of over 40 years of experience in reducing the impact of any natural or man-made disaster. SERVPRO is a leader in water and fire damage response and can help you quickly get your property back in working order.
Call SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden Arcade at 916-285-7257 today for a No Cost Assessment of your facility!
We are Cleaning Experts
This is a photo of the coronavirus.
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden-Arcade - 916-285-7257
Flooded Retail Store in Arden Arcade
In this photo, owner Harold extracts water from a shoe store in the local mall.
A broken water pipe flooded this retail shoe store in a popular shopping mall. SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden-Arcade got the phone call around 4:00AM on Saturday morning! When we say 24-hours a day we mean it! We were on site within one hour and started extracting water - lots of water. There was a lot of clean up to do. This store was able to open for business the same day!
If your commercial business is flooded we understand that getting you back up and running as soon as possible is crucial. Any down time can be hard to recover from especially for a retail business. We have tons of experience dealing with every type of commercial business and we focus on keeping you operational.
If you experience a water or fire damage in your commercial business, give us a call at 916-285-7257, 24-hours a day.
Business Flood Cleanup in Sacramento
This is a photo of damage to a retail store, taken at 4am on the day of the loss. We are committed to handling our customer's emergency needs 24/7.
In the event of a commercial loss, it is important to know in advance who you can trust to mitigate your damage in a timely and effective manner. Here are 7 reasons you should choose SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden-Arcade for your commercial property's cleanup and restoration:
- 24 Hour Emergency Response. In any type of loss, whether it be due to fire, water, mold, or biohazard, timely mitigation is vital to controlling damage and recovery costs. You can count on SERVPRO’s nationwide coverage and full line of restoration services to help your company make a speedy recovery.
- Communication. SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden Arcade will keep you informed from start to finish. You’ll know what’s happening every step of the way. From the first notice of loss until the job is complete, we are dedicated to effectively communicating with property owners and managers. Jobs are documented extensively as well to ensure timely mitigation and communication with our customers.
- Reduce Recovery Time. When damage occurs in a business, it affects everyone from the owner, the managers, the employees, the tenants, and even the customers. Our team at SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden Arcade understands the importance of mitigating damage to the structure and contents in a timely manner to help reduce recovery time and lessen business interruption.
- Lower Recovery Costs. As an independent franchise ourselves, SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden Arcade understands the importance of frugality. This is why we teach our technicians to employ similar concepts when working with our customers. The following are ways that the SERVPRO System can help your business save money during mitigation:
- Emergency mitigation services help minimize your secondary damages.
- Proper restoration versus replacement of contents is less expensive.
- Faster recovery lessens loss.
- We use preapproved pricing and procedures.
- Comprehensive clean up and restoration services help prevent further problems and potential liability risks.
- Emergency Response Profile. The SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile serves as a quick reference of important building and contact information or can be an ideal supplement to any well-designed emergency preparedness or existing contingency program. Rather than simply reacting to disaster situations, most prefer proactive measures to establish a relationship with a restoration services company. SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden Arcade can help you plan for recovery before disaster even strikes.
- Full Line of Services. SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden Arcade professionals are trained extensively to utilize the right equipment and supplies to handle all of your clean up needs. The following are just some of the services that SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden Arcade offers: fire, smoke, and soot cleanup and restoration; water removal and dehumidification; crime scene, biohazard, and vandalism cleanup; mold mitigation and remediation; contents claim inventor service; air duct and HVAC cleaning; carpet and hard floor cleaning and care; stain removal and stain resistance applications; odor identification and deodorization; upholstery and drapes cleaning; etc.
- National Leader in Storm Response. In the event of a major catastrophe, SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden arcade has a nationwide network of over 1,600 franchises nationwide capable of responding to large losses and committed to providing the highest level of emergency cleanup and restoration services. What this means to you, the commercial property owner or manager, is that should a fire, water, or mold damage occur in one of your local facilities, or a facility across the country, a SERVPRO Professional will provide quality service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
If you own or manage a business and would like a no cost assessment of your property, give us a call at 916-285-7257. We are always here to help.