Contaminated Water Cleanup
What is contaminated water? Contaminated water is water that is grossly unsanitary and could cause health effects. Sources include sewer backup, flooding from rivers or streams, toilet overflow with feces, and stagnant liquid that has begun to support bacterial growth.
What to do when your home is affected by contaminated water:
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage
- Wash your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.
What to NOT do when your home is affected by contaminated water:
- Spread contaminated water by walking unnecessarily on damaged or wet areas
- Turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air
- Use household fans to dry the structure and spread contaminants
- Use the products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if exposed to contaminated areas
Contaminated Water is NO JOKE
Let the pros clean it up for you. We have specialized protective gear so we can clean up your home safely and properly to restore your home to a preloss condition. Give SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden-Arcade a call at 916-285-7257.
Note: If you or your family has been exposed to harmful waste, OSHA recommends a post-exposure medical evaluation. Consult your local health department or physician.