Arden-Arcade Fire Cleanup
This home was heavily affected by a fire that started from a kitchen fire. This photo shows the kitchen where the fire started. The entire house smelled like smoke, and there was a lot of soot in the house.
SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden Arcade was called in to clean up the aftermath! Our skilled technicians worked extra hard cleaning all of the surfaces and objects to make sure that this home would be back to normal soon.
What to do when you have fire and smoke damage:
- Limit movement in home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpet.
- Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork
- Place dry, colorfast towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery, and carpet traffic areas.
- Change HVAC filter, but leave system off until a professional can check the system.
What to NOT do when you have fire and smoke damage:
- Attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces.
- Attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture.
- Attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to ire, heat, or water.
- Consume any food or beverages that may have been stored closed to fire, heat, or water.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures.
- Send garments to the dry cleaner. Improper cleaning will set in the smoke odor.
If you have fire or smoke damage, SERVPRO of East Sacramento and West Arden/Arcade is here to help. Please give us a call, 24/7, at 916-285-7257.