Sacramento Air Duct Cleaning
Air Duct cleaning can be an important way to improve the indoor air quality of your home or commercial building.
The National Air Duct Cleaning Association (NADCA) gives some basic information on their website:
- occupants with allergies or asthma
- cigarette or cigar smoke
- water contamination or damage to the home or HVAC system
- home renovation or remodeling projects
Some occupants are more sensitive to these contaminants than others. Allergy and asthma sufferers, as well as young children and the elderly tend to be more susceptible to the types of poor indoor air quality that air duct cleaning can help address.
Avoid the Scams:
Air Duct cleaning should be done by professional with professional equipment. NADCA also gives some great tips on preventing yourself from being scammed by poor air duct cleaning.
- Homeowners should beware of “blow-and-go” air duct cleaning companies. These companies often charge a nominal fee and do a poor job of cleaning the heating and cooling system. These companies may also persuade a homeowner to pay for unneeded services with and/or without their permission.
- Coupons and flyers advertising rock bottom prices on “whole house air duct cleaning” and “HVAC mold and soot removal” arrive in the mail daily for some households.
If you would like to discuss having your ducts cleaned, give SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden-Arcade a call at 916-285-7257.