Why Clean Air Ducts?
We clean ducts with the brand new state of the art PDC 4000 machine.
Air Duct cleaning can be an important way to improve the indoor air quality of your home or commercial building.
The National Air Duct Cleaning Association (NADCA) gives some basic information on their website:
In addition to normal accumulations of dust and dirt found in all homes with air ducts, there are several other factors that can increase the need for regular HVAC system cleaning:
Some occupants are more sensitive to these contaminants than others. Allergy and asthma sufferers, as well as young children and the elderly tend to be more susceptible to the types of poor indoor air quality that air duct cleaning can help address.
Avoid the Scams:
Air Duct cleaning should be done by professional with professional equipment. NADCA also gives some great tips on preventing yourself from being scammed by poor air duct cleaning.
If you would like to discuss having your ducts cleaned, give SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden-Arcade a call at 916-285-7257.
Moisture Control is the Key to Mold Control
This picture shows how to source contain visible mold at the bottom of a wall until it can be removed.
Today we would like to share some Mold control tips shared by the EPA website. We have reviewed these tips and we agree that they are very helpful.
Setting up drying equipment for a flooded Commercial Building
Here at SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden-Arcade, we offer a number of commercial restoration services. We thought it would be nice to cover those briefly:
You can have fire or water damage in any kind of structure. We understand the complexities what go along with different buildings. Every different commercial structure brings a different challenge.
SERVPRO of East Sacramento / West Arden-Arcade is ready to respond immediately and work quickly to clean or restore your business. We understand that your property’s appearance is important and that every hour spent restoring is an hour of lost productivity. When you need a restoration or cleaning professional, SERVPRO of East Sacramento / West Arden-Arcade has the training and expertise to help make it “Like it never even happened.”
- Small Office Buildings
- Large Office/High-Rise Office Buildings
- Apartment Buildings
- Small Retail Stores
- Large Retail/Big-Box Stores
- High-Rise Residential
- Manufacturing & Industrial
If your commercial building needs assistance, please give us a call at 916-285-7257.
What to Do When Your Home Has Fire and Smoke Damage
This is a photo of a fire loss in Sacramento. Notice the extensive amounts of soot on the walls.
In a home that has fire and smoke damage, recovery may seem like an insurmountable task. The damage could be extensive, affecting every part of your home. It is important to take these steps when faced with a fire loss to prevent secondary damage. Normal cleaning procedures can increase damage and cause the smoke smell and soot to set into your items. Let SERVPRO of East Sacramento take care of you. Our technicians are IICRC Certified in dealing with fire damages to help restore your home to its preloss condition.
What to do if your home has fire and smoke damage:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpet.
- Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil our home.
- Place dry towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery, and high traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open to help prevent odors.
- Wipe soot from chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets, trim and appliances, then protect these surfaces with a light coating of lubricant.
- Wash both sides of leaves on house plants.
- Change HVAC filter, but leave system off until a trained professional can check the system.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers to stop particles of soot from getting in or out of HVAC system.
What NOT to do if your home has fire and smoke damage:
- Attempt to wash walls or painted surfaces without first contacting a professional.
- Attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first contacting a professional.
- Attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat, or water without first consulting an authorized repair service.
- Consume any food or beverages that may have been stored close to fire, heat, or water, as they may have been contaminated.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. Wiring may be wet or damaged and cause electrical shock, and air movement may create secondary damage.
- Send garments to the dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set in smoke odor.
If you have been affected by fire damage, let the pros take care of it for you. Give SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden Arcade a call at 916-285-7257 to get an estimate today. We are always here to help.
Minimizing Damage in Apartment Residences
This photo shows water damage to the hallway of an apartment building.
In an apartment community residence will share walls from the sides and from above and below. When a water damage occurs, it can get out of hand quickly, since a water damage can affect multiple residences. You can never know when an emergency will occur, but it’s in your best interest as a property manager to always be prepared for anything. Taking these measures by the American Apartment Owners Association can help you prevent damage in the future.
- Inspect the property regularly. It is important to ask about repair needs and to check out major systems on a regular basis. If the problem is caught early, then damage can be minimized or avoided.
Water causes millions of dollars to the rental industry each year. Landlords in updated buildings are seeing damage due to the use of materials that aren’t holding up as expected. Most of the water damage is due to faulty plumbing, which can cause secondary damage like mold and other costly repairs, so it is important to inspect regularly.
- By acting early when you receive a repair request, then it can help save you money and keep the property in good condition.
- Pay attention to utility spikes. Whether you pay the utilities, or your tenant complains about a sudden increase, take it seriously. It is a warning sign that something may be spilling out. It can even signal a drug manufacturing operation which one of most costly repair jobs you will ever encounter.
- Watch the weather. Storms cause significant property damage, and lately we’ve been seeing some monsters. Once the surge is over, check for roof damage, clogged gutters, and poor drainage that may leak into the foundation. The best time to repair old and damaged roofs is when it’s dry.
- Encourage tenants to carry renters insurance. The main benefit: they won’t ask you to reimburse them for damage. The indirect benefit is making tenants aware of just how much they stand to lose if they are careless and cause damage to the property.
In addition to following these steps, making an emergency readiness plan today can help you tomorrow. The SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile serves as a quick reference of important building and contact information or can be an ideal supplement to any well-designed emergency preparedness or existing contingency program. Rather than simply reacting to disaster situations, most prefer proactive measures to establish a relationship with a restoration services company.
Call SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden Arcade at 916-285-7257 today for a No Cost Assessment of your facility!
Commercial Property Cleanup and Restoration
This is a photo of damage to a retail store, taken at 4am on the day of the loss. We are committed to handling our customer's emergency needs 24/7.
In the event of a commercial loss, it is important to know in advance who you can trust to mitigate your damage in a timely and effective manner. Here are 7 reasons you should choose SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden-Arcade for your commercial property's cleanup and restoration:
- 24 Hour Emergency Response. In any type of loss, whether it be due to fire, water, mold, or biohazard, timely mitigation is vital to controlling damage and recovery costs. You can count on SERVPRO’s nationwide coverage and full line of restoration services to help your company make a speedy recovery.
- Communication. SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden Arcade will keep you informed from start to finish. You’ll know what’s happening every step of the way. From the first notice of loss until the job is complete, we are dedicated to effectively communicating with property owners and managers. Jobs are documented extensively as well to ensure timely mitigation and communication with our customers.
- Reduce Recovery Time. When damage occurs in a business, it affects everyone from the owner, the managers, the employees, the tenants, and even the customers. Our team at SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden Arcade understands the importance of mitigating damage to the structure and contents in a timely manner to help reduce recovery time and lessen business interruption.
- Lower Recovery Costs. As an independent franchise ourselves, SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden Arcade understands the importance of frugality. This is why we teach our technicians to employ similar concepts when working with our customers. The following are ways that the SERVPRO System can help your business save money during mitigation:
- Emergency mitigation services help minimize your secondary damages.
- Proper restoration versus replacement of contents is less expensive.
- Faster recovery lessens loss.
- We use preapproved pricing and procedures.
- Comprehensive clean up and restoration services help prevent further problems and potential liability risks.
- Emergency Response Profile. The SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile serves as a quick reference of important building and contact information or can be an ideal supplement to any well-designed emergency preparedness or existing contingency program. Rather than simply reacting to disaster situations, most prefer proactive measures to establish a relationship with a restoration services company. SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden Arcade can help you plan for recovery before disaster even strikes.
- Full Line of Services. SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden Arcade professionals are trained extensively to utilize the right equipment and supplies to handle all of your clean up needs. The following are just some of the services that SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden Arcade offers: fire, smoke, and soot cleanup and restoration; water removal and dehumidification; crime scene, biohazard, and vandalism cleanup; mold mitigation and remediation; contents claim inventor service; air duct and HVAC cleaning; carpet and hard floor cleaning and care; stain removal and stain resistance applications; odor identification and deodorization; upholstery and drapes cleaning; etc.
- National Leader in Storm Response. In the event of a major catastrophe, SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden arcade has a nationwide network of over 1,600 franchises nationwide capable of responding to large losses and committed to providing the highest level of emergency cleanup and restoration services. What this means to you, the commercial property owner or manager, is that should a fire, water, or mold damage occur in one of your local facilities, or a facility across the country, a SERVPRO Professional will provide quality service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
If you own or manage a business and would like a no cost assessment of your property, give us a call at 916-285-7257. We are always here to help.
Making Customers Happy!
Tubbs fire in Northern California
Fire damage clean up is a lot of work. But the reason we do it is because we love helping people. And it always means a lot to us when customers share their experience with us. This happy customer had her beautiful home affected by the Tubbs Fire with ash and smoke throughout her entire home. And it was a beautiful home.
Here is her true testimonial word for word:
You were a complete pleasure to work with after the wine country fires We were the house in Sonoma that had a lot of soot ash and smoke intrusion due to open doors and windows.
Your professionalism and friendly helpful manner made a trying situation much easier. We found you to be uncommonly prompt, efficient, and knowledgeable. We are very appreciative and very impressed.
We would like to write a letter to your company telling them how very pleased we were with our experience - all due to you.
All the best,
Fire Damage Contents Restoration
We cleaned every item and book you see in this photo, one by one!
SERVPRO of East Sacramento / West Arden-Arcade specializes in restoring contents damaged by water, fire, or mold. Our expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your belongings to determine what items we can restore to pre-fire condition. We use several methods of cleaning your contents, including:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning due to fire damage, SERVPRO of East Sacramento / West Arden-Arcade can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. Move-out will provide several benefits, including:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, we will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
If You Have Questions or Need Help, Call Us Today – (916) 285-7257
Flooded Retail Store in Arden-Arcade
Extracting water in a flooded retail store
A broken water pipe flooded this retail shoe store in a popular shopping mall. SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden-Arcade got the phone call around 4:00AM on Saturday morning! When we say 24-hours a day we mean it! We were on site within one hour and started extracting water - lots of water. There was a lot of clean up to do. This store was able to open for business the same day!
If your commercial business is flooded we understand that getting you back up and running as soon as possible is crucial. Any down time can be hard to recover from especially for a retail business. We have tons of experience dealing with every type of commercial business and we focus on keeping you operational.
If you experience a water or fire damage in your commercial business, give us a call at 916-285-7257, 24-hours a day.
How to Minimize Storm Damage
This photo shows how saturated with water this insulation in the attic of a Sacramento home is after a roof leak caused water damage.
When Dealing with Leaks, Take the Following Steps to Minimize Damage:
- Clean up any puddles – standing water will soak in to wood and lead to permanent damage, warping and eventual rot.
- Catch drips – yep, the old bucket under the drip. You want to capture any drips you see so that puddles don’t form
- Find the source of the leak NOW!
- Fix the leak ASAP
The important thing is to find what’s causing the leak. Most rain induced leaks start in the roof. You do NOT want to be climbing around the slippery wet roof during a rainstorm.
Here’s a quick check-list of what to look at when dealing with a roof leak:
- Find where the leak is on the ceiling of the room below. That will lead you to a puddle or soaked insulation in the attic.
- Look for water stains, drip marks, etc. on the rafters above the wet insulation.
- Trace the water up the rafter. It should point right at the leak in the roof.
- Check chimneys where they cut through the roof. Mark the area at the highest point where you see the leak start. This is invaluable for whomever has to fix the leak.
If you do narrow it down to a roof leak, you will need to contact a roofer to fix the leak, and SERVPRO of East Sacramento/West Arden Arcade can handle the water damage.
If you have water damage in your home, give us a call at 916-285-7257 and a technician will come and check it out!